Saturday, December 10, 2011

Thiery Henry Statue

***



***

Thierry Henry telah mengatakan tahap kesayangan beliau untuk Arsenal dalam ucapan emosi pada pelancaran patung beliau di Stadium Emirates.


"I never thought in my wildest dreams that I would have a statue like this in front of the stadium of the team I love and support,"

"Once a Gooner, always a Gooner."


Henry adalah salah satu daripada tiga patung yang diumumkan untuk menyambut ulang tahun ke-125 kelab.

"The way the statue is gives the perfect example of the love I have for the club - me kneeling facing Emirates Stadium and Highbury behind is amazing,"

"I also have to thank the fans, you have always been special, and I always try to give my best. I know at times it was not enough, but I always give it all out there on the field for you guys and the club."

"I know some of the press used to kill me for not showing emotion - well, there you go, I am showing emotion for the club I love."

"Whatever I do, I do it with my heart, that is the way I am."

Henry juga memberi penghormatan kepada bekas pengurusnya, Arsene Wenger, yang telah membawa beliau ke kelab dari Itali iaitu Juventus pada tahun 1999 dengan harga £ 11m.

Arsene Wenger:

"He is a player who had everything you dream of as a manager - physical potential, a technical level, super intelligence and, what people also forget for many top-level athletes, he was dedicated to his job, with a very serious life,"

"He is simply a model [professional] who won everything you can in our world -Thierry, you were really special."


***

Thierry Henry mengakui beliau tidak akan mempunyai skala setinggian itu tanpa rakan-rakan sepasukan Arsenal dahulu.

“I want to insist how important how important it was for me to play with some great players,”

“Without them I wouldn't have been able to play there.

“When you look at the likes of the back four - Martin [Keown], Nigel [Winterburn], Lee [Dixon], David [Seaman], Lauren who came after, [Sol] Campbell, [Ashley] Cole - I am going to name the whole squad - Patrick [Vieira], Sylvain [Wiltord] too, who was underrated at the time because he was an amazing player. Robert [Pires] as well.

“Without them I wouldn't have been able to do what I did - we went through a season unbeaten.

“I wanted to say that again - without your team you are nothing. It would not have been possible without them so I want to thank them too.”

***

pictures : getty images & arsenal.com
info : bbc sport & arsenal.com

2 Blogger kasi response. .

Nadira R Author
December 10, 2011 at 1:13 PM

He deserves it..

tapi saya harap2 one day wenger pun akan dapat statue or atleast pengiktirafan yg setaraf dgn kerja keras dia selama ni. Harap2 diorang tak tggu lepas dia mati baru nk buat penghargaan..sobs.

Reply
Sofea Author
December 10, 2011 at 6:15 PM

missnadira: of course diorang akan buat statue untuk Wenger nanti..

Reply

Post a Comment

Cer komen skit..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...